Media Client: Delivering Transformational Video on Demand Applications
The Media sector represents one of the fastest growing and complex areas of technological change within Mosaic Island's portfolio of mobile business and technology experience. In 2014 smartphone mobile data traffic represented 70% of all mobile data demand with the volume of data served expected to rise 10-fold by 2019. This demand is increasingly for OTT / video on demand content services. In response to this growth, content providers and broadcasters have been required to deliver faster, better and cheaper platforms to manage a rapidly growing and ever more sophisticated consumer base.
This demands an integrated approach that recognises the end-to-end nature of Video on Demand services. For broadcasters supporting millions of paying subscribers (with a tendency to use social media as the first option to reporting service performance issues), the synergy of all the working components that support the delivery of Video on Demand services is vital. The requirement to deliver these services in a cost effective, efficient and rapidly scalable manner simply adds to the business challenge.
In 2012 our client was faced with twin challenges resulting from an ageing applications platform that was struggling to consistently meet demand, and a strategic plan that included significant growth of the subscriber base for both existing and new global territories.
Delivery of a platform to support in excess of 1 million concurrent customers
Designed to support 99.999% platform availability
Introduced new scalable cloud based platform technologies
Faster paths to production for engineering teams, better supporting Agile delivery approaches
- The delivery of a new suite of feature-rich OTT/Video on Demand product and service management capabilities.
- The complete redesign of the end-to-end editorial and video asset management business process.
- We assigned members of our Consulting team to support the client programme team.
- This allowed Mosaic Island consultants to lead the delivery of a number of activities including; Design Governance, Current State Analysis, High Level Design, Technical Analysis and Delivery Assurance and Project Management.
- The design and delivery of the new applications platform has enabled the client to not only meet the expanded demands of a growing UK customer base but has also optimised and enhanced services to new levels of delivery quality.
- In addition, customer centric policies can now be more easily defined and implemented to ensure that a high quality of delivered services remains at the core of the customer offering.
- We continue to work with our client to design and deliver the next phase of the OTT/Video on Demand transformation programme.